as much as we all LOVE our luxury beauty products, we probably LIKE saving our shillings a wee bit more these days, so i thought it was a good time to whip out a short list of ingredients and share my recipes for radiant skin that will help you keep more money in your pocketbooks and a bigger smile on your face.
1. BAKING SODA exfoliator-my favorite skin polisher-add a dime sized amount to your favorite cleanser and buff away any dead skin cells while minimizing your pores-it really works...it's my favorite trick before a big event! (you can also dip your toothbrush in for some extra whitening action too)
2. HONEY AND EGG WHITE mask-this will make a babies bottom seem rough-in a bowl, mix a teaspoon of honey and an egg white or two....whisk and apply to your face and neck with a clean medium sized brush....layer if you like. let dry then rinse....ahhhhh! follow with your fav moisturizer or press in some olive oil.
3. SUGAR AND HONEY body polisher-mix 1 part honey with 1 part sugar (enough for your whole body) and jump in the shower. wet your skin then vigorously introduce and work the scrub on all your parts that need it. rinse and glow.
4. OLIVE OIL moisture seal-after your body is squeaky clean, but before you towel off-work the olive oil into your wet skin. this will help to seal in the moisture and keep your skin super supple. towel off excess water and oil. you can also use it for a hot oil treatment by combing it through your tresses and wrapping a plastic bag around your head for 20-30 minutes (add heat for more intense results) then shampoo and condition as needed.
5. SEA SALT bath soak- pour half of a large container of sea salt into the running water as you fill up the tub. soak for as long as you like. not only does the sea salt help to heal the skin, but it also helps to pull out excess water and toxins and many mystics believe that it pulls out bad energy too:)